Chakra necklace meaning: What is it and what does it do?
Oct 16, 2022
Chakra necklaces are gaining increasing popularity these days due to their beauty as well as healing properties. Emerging from ancient Eastern tradition, they are considered able to connect to the 7 chakras and to keep the good energy flowing.
What is a Chakra Necklace?
A chakra necklace or 7 chakra necklace is made from different chakra crystals to connect to the seven chakras in our human body and to ensure a peaceful spirit. Crystals frequently used are jasper, carnelian, citrine, quartz, aquamarine, lapis lazuli, and amethyst. They are known for healing and clarity.
Chakra Necklace Meaning
What does a chakra necklace do? A chakra necklace helps to strengthen the spirit and to encourage positive vibes in our human body. When the right chakra crystals are used, the chakra necklace offers double the healing.
To be detailed, wearing a chakra necklace is considered able to open blocked chakras and keep the good energy flowing. When blocked, a chakra can cause feelings of emotional and physical discomfort.
The chakras can be visualized as whirling wheels of energy located along the spine from the perineum to the top of the head. The function of the chakras is to spin and draw in this energy to keep the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical health of the body in balance.
Beyond the spiritual, emotional, and physical benefits, chakra necklaces are glamorous additions to any wardrobe. Because many are multi-colored, they pair well with a wide variety of clothing.
Satya Jewelry Continuous Energy Chakra Necklace $149, SHOP NOW.
About the 7 Chakras and their functions
The concept of chakra dates back over 2,600 years to Hindu and Buddhist texts. Although about 88,000 chakras have been revealed since then, chakra necklaces often focus on the seven significant chakras that span the spine.
The function of the chakras is to spin and draw in this energy to keep the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical health of the body in balance. Each chakra provides a connection to specific organs and feelings.
Chakra 1: Root Chakra
Located at the perineum, the root chakra provides an anchor to the earth. Associated with the color red, the root chakra expresses intensity and inner strength. This chakra links the organs responsible for your body’s physical survival.
Chakra 2: Sacral Chakra
Harnessing creativity, sexuality, and sensuality, the sacral chakra is nestled in the pelvic cradle. It offers a special connection with the sex organs and is represented by the color orange.
Chakra 3: Solar Plexus Chakra
Just above the navel, the solar plexus chakra offers a connection to a person’s emotional center. Represented by vibrant yellow, this chakra is closely connected to self-esteem and joy. Because of its position within the abdomen, it is associated with the digestive organs.
Chakra 4: Heart Chakra
Shimmering green and captivating pink come together to represent the elusive heart chakra. This chakra represents love and rejuvenation. True to its name, the heart chakra is connected with the heart.
Chakra 5: Throat Chakra
Connected with communication, the throat chakra is the doorway to peace and tranquility. Represented by soothing shades of cerulean and turquoise, the throat chakra is closely associated with forgiveness. As indicated by its name, this chakra is linked to the throat.
Chakra 6: Third Eye Chakra
Found between the eyes, the third eye chakra is responsible for intuition and clarity. The third eye chakra is represented with rich indigo hues. Organs responsible for perception like eyes, ears, and mind are governed by the third eye chakra.
Chakra 7: Crown Chakra
Radiant white or majestic violet depicts the ethereal crown chakra. This chakra is located above the head like a crown. Although it is mystically connected with all the other chakras, it offers a special affinity with the brain. The crown chakra helps an individual achieve bliss.
What Crystals Are in a Chakra Necklace?
Satya Jewelry Divine Alignment Gemstone Chakra Necklace $108, SHOP NOW.
Crystals amplify a chakra necklace’s benefits. Stones frequently are jasper, carnelian, citrine, quartz, aquamarine, lapis lazuli, and amethyst. Typically, stones used in chakra necklaces are known for healing and clarity.
Here are a few of the most common stones used for each chakra:
1. Root Chakra Crystals
Any stone that is red, black, brown, or silver and includes grounding properties is a good fit for the root chakra.
- Black tourmaline: It is well known for its protective properties and strong healing powers. It is especially good for absorbing negative energies.
- Red (or black) onyx: It has a calming effect on the mind, protecting us from negative thoughts, and making it a source of strength.
- Hematite: It offers restorative energy and is a stone for grounding, clarity, and detoxifying.
- Red Jasper: A powerful crystal that's known for its ability to nurture. It can relax you and dissolve negative energy. Additionally, jasper connects deeply with all the chakras, making it incredibly versatile.
- Garnet: Protection, healing, love, and prosperity.
2. Sacral Chakra Crystals
Gems with a vibrant orange hue offer the perfect fit for the passionate sacral chakra.
- Carnelian: It is known to inspire courage. It can also help you to sharpen your mind and get rid of negative or harmful thoughts and behavior.
- Moonstone: It is called "the lover's stone", a gemstone that represents love, evokes emotions and passions inside us, and increases intimacy.
- Amber: Courage, happiness, and longevity.
- Chalcedony: It is able to eliminate depression, fear, hysteria, and other sad emotions. It also helps the wearer to get rid of unnecessary material things that have nothing to do with spirituality, and therefore reduces burdens in the brain.
- Orange calcite: It is commonly used for its cleansing power.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra Crystals
Yellow-hued minerals that inspire confidence are often used to represent the solar plexus chakra.
- Citrine: With its joyful energy, citrine is a natural choice for chakra crystal jewelry.
- Amber: Its ability to absorb negative energy makes it a popular choice as well.
- Tiger’s eye: It offers courage, peace, and happiness.
- Pyrite can help strengthen this chakra.
4. Heart Chakra Crystals
While many chakras are represented by a single color, the heart chakra is best illustrated with a fusion of pink and green.
- Rose quartz: It helps to heal emotional wounds and boosts relationships. It also reinforces self-confidence by encouraging the wearer to accept themselves as they are.
- Emerald: It is well known for its soothing, relaxing, and spirit-opening powers.
- Jade: It provides its owner with enhanced clarity, wisdom, and intuition.
5. Throat Chakra Crystals
Located between the green-infused heart chakra and the indigo third eye chakra, the throat chakra is often depicted in tones ranging from turquoise to rich blues.
- Turquoise: It is able to facilitate communication and reduce the stress of speaking in public.
- Blue agate: It strengthens love, helps to improve the relationship between your lover and yourself, and therefore boosts harmony.
- Sodalite: It deals with impatience, low self-esteem, selfishness, and envy. People who practice spiritualism also use it to connect the lower chakras with the higher chakras.
- Aquamarine: It is a natural fit because of its reputation for courage and facilitating communication.
6. Third Eye Chakra Crystals
Healing blue and powerful purple represent the third eye chakra.
- Sapphire: It stimulates concentration, enhancing creativity and promoting purity and depth of thought.
- Labradorite: It is able to block negative thoughts by providing mental protection and helps to reduce stress and fatigue.
- Lapis lazuli: It offers soothing effects on nervous or depressed people and promotes communication and free expression.
- Tanzanite: Besides offering a more dominant purple hue, tanzanite enhances perception.
7. Crown Chakra Crystals
Because amethyst is associated with balance, it is a perfect fit for the equilibrium achieved via the crown chakra.
- Amethyst: It is associated with balance, it is a perfect fit for the equilibrium achieved via the crown chakra.
- Clear Quartz: It offers a powerful cleansing effect and intensifies all the other stones used in chakra jewelry.
- White agate: It harmonizes all the separate chakras.
Classic Designs of Chakra Necklaces
Although everyone possesses the major seven chakras, each person’s style is unique. There are a few ways to organize the chakra-boosting crystal powerhouses. A few of these include the following classic designs.
1. 7-stone chakra necklace
Satya Jewelry Aligned in Purpose Chakra Necklace $129, SHOP NOW.
There are generally two kinds of chakra stone necklaces: those which focus only on one chakra, and those which feature all seven major chakras. A 7-stone chakra necklace represents and supports the alignment of all 7 chakras.
2. Chakra bead necklace
Satya Jewelry Speak Your Truth Throat Chakra Choker $127, SHOP NOW.
Whether it is made from exquisite seed beads or chunky stones, a chakra bead necklace is a stylish way to boost one’s chakras. Bead necklaces can twist elaborately or showcase a simple aesthetic.
3. Chakra mala necklace
Satya Jewelry Wealth in All Things Green Garnet Snake Mala Necklace $229, SHOP NOW.
Many people like to meditate with mala beads. Mala beads are chakra necklaces made from your chosen crystals. These necklaces usually have 108 beads, as 108 is thought to be a number that represents spiritual completion.
4. Heart chakra necklace
Because a necklace is worn near the heart chakra, a heart chakra necklace is a powerful way to stimulate this chakra. It might focus on the pink and green hues or celebrate all seven major chakras.
5. Tree of life chakra necklace
Throwin Stones Tree of life chakra necklace $18, SHOP NOW.
Intrinsic to native Buddhist texts, the Tree of Life represents bliss. Incorporating this concept with colorful chakra stones is both powerful and beautiful.
6. Hexagonal chakra necklace
Boho Magic Silver Hexagonal chakra necklace $55, SHOP NOW.
Although a hexagonal chakra necklace often only incorporates a single crystal, it is possible to find hexagonal chakra necklaces in all seven colors. This approach is particularly effective for those with earthy styles.
7. Chakra pendulum necklace
Riva Beauty Shop 7-stone chakra pendulum necklace $27, SHOP NOW.
A pendulum necklace might include a small sample of all seven chakra-stimulating stones or feature a single specimen. Choose one with a pyramid shape to amplify the necklace’s healing power.
How to Activate a Chakra Necklace?
Activating a chakra necklace is done in two parts. Part of the activation process relies on preparing the jewelry itself. Another point is that the wearer must also undergo purification. When both the necklace and the wearer are fully ready, the necklace’s full potential is unlocked.
First, use water to physically clean the chakra necklace. Because this is a ritual cleansing, there is no need to add soap, salt, or other additives. Then expose the bracelet to sunlight, moonlight, or smoke to purify and charge the gemstones. To dry the necklace, place it in a basin of brown rice. The rice will absorb any residual negative feelings.
Then, meditation is used to cleanse the mind. When inner peace is felt, hold the necklace against either the heart chakra or the third eye chakra. After reciting a favorite mantra, the chakra crystal necklace is activated and the crystals reach their full power.
Should I Wear a Chakra Necklace?
While there is no single correct answer to this question, chakra jewelry can help open your mind and increase your self-confidence. It should be noted that there is no scientific evidence to back up either the therapeutic power of the chakras or the healing power of minerals.
Chakra stones: What are the 7 chakra crystals and how to use them?
Hamsa hand meaning: what is hamsa?