Chakra bracelet meaning: What is a chakra bracelet and what does it do?
Oct 21, 2022
Some types of jewelry are more than just a trend—they actually serve a spiritual purpose. And the chakra bracelet is one of the most spiritually powerful pieces of jewelry!
What's a Chakra Bracelet?
A chakra bracelet is a bracelet designed to unblock and manage the seven chakras, or the centers of energy in the body. Each chakra has a corresponding color, so most chakra bracelets have seven differently colored gemstones.
Chakra Bracelet Meaning and Benefits
It's believed that we have more than 100 chakras, or centers of energy, in our bodies. The chakra bracelet centers on the seven primary chakras.
What does a chakra bracelet do? The beads of the bracelet connect to the energies of all seven chakras. They're believed to be able to clear blockages of energy and restore balance among the chakras. This is important. If your chakras are out of balance, you might notice physical, spiritual, and emotional issues.
More and more people are finding that chakra bracelets bring them a sense of peace, focus, and balance. And since these bracelets are beautiful, affordable, and easy to wear, they have been gradually gaining popularity.
What Stones are in a Chakra Bracelet?
Each chakra is associated with a color, so it follows that it's also associated with stones of the same color (and sometimes stones of other colors). Stones frequently are jasper, carnelian, citrine, quartz, aquamarine, lapis lazuli, and amethyst. Typically, stones used in chakra jewelry are known for healing and clarity.
We mentioned above that chakra bracelets focus on the seven main chakras. Here's a brief rundown of their names, functions, and stones. While this isn't a list of every single possible stone, it covers some common chakra bracelet stones and their colors:
1. Root Chakra: Red
This one is located at the base of your spine. It provides a sense of security and safety. If your root chakra is in balance, you'll feel grounded, secure, and able to face challenges.
- Black tourmaline: It is well known for its protective properties and strong healing powers. It is especially good for absorbing negative energies.
- Red (or black) onyx: It has a calming effect on the mind, protecting us from negative thoughts, and making it a source of strength.
- Hematite: It offers restorative energy and is a stone for grounding, clarity, and detoxifying.
- Red Jasper: A powerful crystal that's known for its ability to nurture. It can relax you and dissolve negative energy. Additionally, jasper connects deeply with all the chakras, making it incredibly versatile.
- Garnet: Protection, healing, love, and prosperity.
2. Sacral Chakra: Orange
This chakra is a bit further up than the root chakra. It's right below your belly button. The sacral chakra is connected to sexual and creative energy, and it's also linked to how you relate to both your own emotions and those of others.
- Carnelian: It is known to inspire courage. It can also help you to sharpen your mind and get rid of negative or harmful thoughts and behavior.
- Moonstone: It is called "the lover's stone", a gemstone that represents love, evokes emotions and passions inside us, and increases intimacy.
- Amber: Courage, happiness, and longevity.
- Chalcedony: It is able to eliminate depression, fear, hysteria, and other sad emotions. It also helps the wearer to get rid of unnecessary material things that have nothing to do with spirituality, and therefore reduces burdens in the brain.
- Orange calcite: It is commonly used for its cleansing power.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra: Yellow
This one is right near your stomach. It helps you feel confident and in control of your life. When this chakra works as it should, you'll have great self-esteem.
- Citrine: With its joyful energy, citrine is a natural choice for chakra crystal jewelry.
- Amber: Its ability to absorb negative energy makes it a popular choice as well.
- Tiger’s eye: It offers courage, peace, and happiness.
- Pyrite can help strengthen this chakra.
4. Heart Chakra: Green
This chakra is right by your heart, and it's connected to feelings of love and compassion for yourself and others.
- Rose quartz: It helps to heal emotional wounds and boosts relationships. It also reinforces self-confidence by encouraging the wearer to accept themselves as they are.
- Emerald: It is well known for its soothing, relaxing, and spirit-opening powers.
- Jade: It provides its owner with enhanced clarity, wisdom, and intuition.
5. Throat Chakra: Turquoise/Light Blue
The throat chakra, located in the throat, connects to verbal communication.
- Turquoise: It is able to facilitate communication and reduce the stress of speaking in public.
- Blue agate: It strengthens love, helps to improve the relationship between your lover and yourself, and therefore boosts harmony.
- Sodalite: It deals with impatience, low self-esteem, selfishness, and envy. People who practice spiritualism also use it to connect the lower chakras with the higher chakras.
- Aquamarine: It is a natural fit because of its reputation for courage and facilitating communication.
6. Third Eye Chakra: Dark Blue/Indigo
This chakra is located between your eyes. It's responsible for imagination and intuition.
- Sapphire: It stimulates concentration, enhancing creativity and promoting purity and depth of thought.
- Labradorite: It is able to block negative thoughts by providing mental protection and helps to reduce stress and fatigue.
- Lapis lazuli: It offers soothing effects on nervous or depressed people and promotes communication and free expression.
- Tanzanite: Besides offering a more dominant purple hue, tanzanite enhances perception.
7. Crown Chakra: Violet or White
This powerful chakra is located at the top of your head. It connects to your life's purpose, and it also powers your spiritual connection to both the rest of the world and yourself.
- Amethyst: It is associated with balance, it is a perfect fit for the equilibrium achieved via the crown chakra.
- Clear Quartz: It offers a powerful cleansing effect and intensifies all the other stones used in chakra jewelry.
- White agate: It harmonizes all the separate chakras.
What are Lava Chakra Bracelets?
Catherine Design NYC 7 Chakra Bracelet Lava Chakra Bracelet $12, SHOP NOW.
Many chakra stone bracelets include seven different-colored beads for each chakra, with the rest of the beads made of lava rock. Lava rock is an outstanding choice that will help you get the most out of your chakra stone bracelet.
Since lava comes from the center of the earth, it is a great way to both stabilize and ground your chakras. It's a stone of spiritual strength: warriors once wore it for courage in battle. Lava rock's earthy yet sophisticated look is a bonus, too!
Best chakra bracelets
Satya Jewelry Flowing Energy Gold 7 Chakra Stone Bracelet $99, SHOP NOW.
This 7 chakra bracelet uses stones of amethyst, blue agate, blue topaz, green onyx, citrine, carnelian and red garnet to mirror and support our 7 chakras, or sacred energy centers.
Satya Jewelry Empowered Worth Chakra Bead Bracelet $69, SHOP NOW.
Let this collection of chakra stone bracelets guide your journey. Each of them takes advantage of one brilliant gemstone that corresponds to and supports one of the seven chakras—or energy points.
Himalayan Teasures Chakra Bead Bracelet $26, SHOP NOW.
This is a great chakra stone bracelet set for beginners, practitioners or just to harmonize. The seller has carefully selected the best combination of the most essential crystals perfect for meditation, healing, yoga, reiki, and spiritual practices.
How to Know If a Chakra Bracelet is Real?
When you're choosing a chakra stone bracelet, making sure it's real is of utmost importance. Poor-quality stones can get in the way of the bracelet's powers, and they also tend to physically deteriorate faster.
A real bracelet will need to have a set of seven beads for the seven chakras: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo/violet, and purple (or clear). Some chakra crystal bracelets are only designed for one chakra, and these only have one bead color aside from black.
You'll also need to look closely and/or read about the bracelet. The best chakra crystal bracelets use real stones and not cheap plastic beads. If you can physically hold the bracelet, see if it feels cool to the touch. Real stones will feel slightly cool, but plastic ones won't.
You can also check the drill marks on the beads. Real stones will have irregular drill holes. If all the holes are perfectly smooth, that may be because the beads are molded plastic or resin.
How to Wear a Chakra Bracelet?
There's really no wrong way to wear a chakra stone bracelet. But depending on the type of healing you're hoping for, you might want to wear it in different ways.
Which wrist to wear the chakra bracelet?
Generally, if you want to heal from within (if many of your current struggles deal with thoughts and emotions), you should wear your chakra bracelet on your left hand.
If you want to heal from the outside (if many of your struggles come from outside stresses), it's generally best to wear it on your right hand.
How to cleanse the chakra bracelet?
1. Bury or soak in salt
The standard way to cleanse and purify a stone is to use salt.
How do we do it? If you use large grains of salt, then simply put the salt on a plate or dish and then bury the stone within the salt for about 24 hours. Reminder, it can be longer than 24 hours, but not shorter.
This is very effective and can last up to 3 months with a single purification, also called 100-day purification.
If we use small grains of salt instead, we need to prepare a liquid in the ratio of 10 grams of kosher salt to 500 grams of water, put the crystal into the liquid, and soak it for 24 hours.
Since the small grains of salt are less energetic, you can carry it for about 1 month continuously for one purification.
However, this method can not be applied to certain pieces of gemstone jewelry, such as pendants wrapped with K gold or silver, because the metal will be eroded.
2. Use clear water
Crystals and their energy come from nature, so we can also use natural methods to help cleanse the stone.
Place the stone in a flowing stream or river or even tap water and rinse it with water for 20 minutes before drying it.
If this is not possible, buy a bottle of mineral water and soak the crystal in it for 24 hours. This helps to remove the negative energy.
To be honest, this is one of the most commonly used methods. All that we need to do is simply put the crystal in the room and let the smoke of essential oil, sage, or sandalwood ( please remember to use natural essential oil without added chemicals) work the magic.
4. Bury in the soil
This is the most powerful method. If the crystal has been owned by a sick person, then we strongly recommend using this method. After all, the crystal comes from the earth. Letting it go back to the original place for purification is the best.
Remember though to find an unpolluted place to do so. In addition, it is recommended to bury it for more than a month.
How to activate the chakra bracelet?
1. Place it on a crystal cluster
Charging with a crystal cluster is the easiest and most convenient method. The crystal cluster itself has very strong energy. It can not only purify the stone but also charge it. All we need to do is to place the stone on the crystal cluster overnight.
2. Under sunlight
Place your crystal under sunlight for a few hours so that the most powerful forces of nature can purify and charge your crystal.
But remember, this method does not work with colored stones such as amethyst, citrine, or rose quartz, because these crystals contain elements such as Fe (iron) and Cu (copper), whose colors will fade due to prolonged exposure to the sunshine and high temperatures.
3. In the moonlight
On the night of the full moon, place the crystals on a windowsill facing the moon. You can also place them outside if it is safe to do so. If needed, cover them with a glass jar or bowl to provide extra protection. Moonlight will charge the crystals overnight.